logo

#FitReaders Weekly Check-In: Jan. 30, 2015

logo

Greetings 2015 and welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for the upcoming year. During the months of January – March 2015, Felicia will host the official check-ins. You can catch this week’s post HERE. Please feel free to check-in with a comment here as well!

My Week:

SNOW… that describes my week! We had a lot of snow, first with a small storm on Saturday (5 inches), then the blizzard that started Monday night and went through early Wednesday morning. When all was said and done, we have nearly three feet of snow in our yard. Needless to say, I didn’t get in as much walking as I would like this week. I did find alternate ways to get my movement on, but I did miss my walks. Even the walks I did were VERY slow for me, on a count of the slippery conditions.

One exciting thing I have to share is that I found a Body Flow class to try out on Thursday. According to their website “BODYFLOW™ is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm.” This is exactly what I was looking for to add to my weekly routine. I tried the class out this week, and I think I’m really going to enjoy adding it to my routine. It’s a lot of stretching, core work, and balance. My plan is to try to get to one class per week, although my February is pretty crazy.

My Movement:
Friday: 60 minutes downhill skiing (chaperoning ski club)
Saturday: 33 minutes Just Dance workout via Xbox
Sunday: 32 minutes walking
Monday: 36 minutes walking
Tuesday: 60 minutes shoveling
Wednesday: 15 minutes shoveling + 34 minutes walking
Thursday: 50 minutes BodyFlow + 35 minutes walking

How was your week? Did you hit any milestones? Try a new food or workout? Celebrate your week with us!

What is #FitReaders?

We are a group of readers, bloggers, authors, etc. who come together with the common goal of adding some movement into our lives, getting healthy, and staying fit. You do not have to have a blog to join in. You can use the weekly check-in posts here or at The Geeky Blogger, a blog, Twitter, Facebook, or in a private, off-line journal to log your own journey. Just know that we are all in this together and here to provide support to one another. Look for the hashtag and join us! Click the image at the top of this post to sign up for January 2015.

About Me:

I used to be someone that was driven to work out. I never had a big weight problem for most of my life. However, during the early 2010’s, a number of things added up, and I found myself not exercising, eating a lot (struggling with emotional eating), and in a big funk. Thanks to Felicia and #BookBlogWalkers, I started my journey back to a healthier lifestyle on January 6, 2014. I started with the goal of moving with purpose for 10 minutes each day and tracking my food intake. As the days progressed, I was able to walk longer and even start jogging. During 2014, I lost 25 pounds and reached my goal weight in September. Now I am working to keep the weight off and stay active. I find the best motivation for walking is a good audiobook and the support of my friends. Generally, I weigh-in once per week, on Mondays, and I’ll be writing weekly check in posts here on Fridays. Thanks for joining me in this journey! If you have any questions and don’t want to comment, please email me at twimom227 (at) gmail (dot) com. I’m also on LoseIt! with the user name Twimom227.

My Goals:
My overall goals for 2015 are to keep up my current level of exercise, maintain my goal weight, and log my food intake every day for the year. I also want to add some races in once the weather warms up.

As for January 2015, with the colder weather, my primary goal is to make sure I continue get out and move. My goal for January is to move with purpose for 30 minutes each day, taking off no more than one day per week. In addition, I will log my food/caloric intake each day using the LostIt! app.

27 Responses to “#FitReaders Weekly Check-In: Jan. 30, 2015”

1. Melanie Simmons says:

Good job this week. I’m going to start working back up this weekend.

2. Jennifer @ The Book Nympho says:

I’ve done pretty good this week counting my calories with MyFitnessPal app and making it workout classes and doing the ab challenge at home.

Sunday: Day 5 of Abs
    Monday: PiYo | Day 6 of Abs
    Tuesday:
    Wednesday: Day 7 of Abs
    Thursday: Yoga | Day 8 of Abs
    Friday: Zumba | Day 9 of Abs
    And my plan for tomorrow…
    Saturday: Step and Sculpt | Pilates | Day 10 of Abs

I weighed in Monday at work and I lost 2 lbs in a week. I’m hoping I can keep it up with 2 lbs a week. I want to loose 40lbs by the end of the year. I’d love to loose 20 by May.

• Jen Twimom says:

Jennifer: That’s an impressive week! Great job! I’m also glad to see you gave yourself a day off. It’s great to be active, but it’s also critical you don’t burn out. Keep it up!!

3. Yay on starting the Body Flow class! I’m looking forward to hearing more about it. Awesome job on staying active this week!

4. Jeffe Kennedy says:

Body flow sounds fun! I’m ahead on my walking and running goals, whittling away at that body fat… Looking forward to beach walking next week. 🙂

5. Kathryn Trask says:

Snow – we saw it on TV on our news here in NZ. You did well to organise around it and still get in heaps of exercise. Always inspired by your ongoing journey.

• Jen Twimom says:

Thanks Kathryn! It’s been a lot of snow all at once. I skipped doing any exercise yesterday and now I’m wondering what I’ll do today since there is so much of it out there!

6. Adriana Garcia says:

I’m glad you liked your body flow class this week. Hopefully you can get some more classes in February. It was cold over here but it doesn’t snow. It was really hard running with cold wind getting in my throat 😛
    So much shoveling! You got good workouts in even with all the snow. Have a great week!

7. Bodyflow sounds fun and relaxing. You did really good even with the bad weather. I have to try our Just Dance to add a fun workout. Have a great week!

8. Julie Haselhuhn Jones says:

Body flow sounds cool. I ran 3x this week and I am walking outdoors for 2 hours during the week. Good job and the skiing sounds like fun.

9. teddyree says:

Yikes all that snow … shovelling is great exercise but exhausting. Just Dance sounds like way more fun. Great job Jen

10. Kristin T. says:

You definitely had a great week despite the snow! I need to find a class like your Bodyflow class – sounds like exactly what I need! I’m awful at remembering to stretch!

11. Karen says:

I just tried a body flow workout the other day and I love it. It’s easy on my back/knees and makes me feel so much better when I’m done.

We had gorgeous weather this week so i finally got outside walking.

Karen @For What It’s Worth

12. Blodeuedd says:

Tiny bit of shoveling for me this week, but the tractor always takes care of most 😉
    Anyway good week 🙂