logo

#FitReaders Check-In: April 10, 2015

logo

Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group during 2015. For the months of April – June 2015, I will be hosting the official check-ins. To learn more about #FitReaders, or to sign up for April, click the image above. This is my weekly check-in post where I share about my week, and I hope you share about yours as well. You can also catch Felicia’s weekly check-in HERE.

If you have a weekly check-in blog post or put your updates on any social media site, please leave a link to your check-in posts in the comment section, below. Or, if you want to use this post as your weekly check-in, leave a comment telling us how your week went!

My Week:

Can I scream?! It actually snowed on Wednesday and Thursday!!! I still managed to get outside and walk most days this week. I skipped out on Wednesday – it was BG’s 9th birthday and we had a busy schedule. One issue I’m struggling with is that I’ve been eating a lot of junk food – not sure why, but I can’t seem to stop, even when it makes me feel yucky. I have noticed a couple extra pounds on the scale, but I’m still below my goal weight. I’m hoping that once the weather gets better, I’ll shake off this craving for junk.

My Movement:
Friday: 33 minutes walking
Saturday: 46 minutes walking
Sunday: 35 minutes walking
Monday: 46 minutes walking
Tuesday: 90 minutes walking
Wednesday: none
Thursday:  50 minutes BodyFlow + 28 minutes walking

How was your week? Did you hit any milestones? Try a new food or workout? Celebrate your week with us!

What is #FitReaders?

We are a group of readers, bloggers, authors, etc. who come together with the common goal of adding some movement into our lives, getting healthy, and staying fit. You do not have to have a blog to join in. You can use the weekly check-in posts here or at The Geeky Blogger, a blog, Twitter, Facebook, or in a private, off-line journal to log your own journey. Just know that we are all in this together and here to provide support to one another. Look for the hashtag and join us! Click the image at the top of this post to sign up for this month.

About Me:

Thanks to Felicia and #BookBlogWalkers, I started my journey back to a healthier lifestyle on January 6, 2014. I started with the goal of moving with purpose for 10 minutes each day and tracking my food intake. As the days progressed, I was able to walk longer and even start jogging. During 2014, I lost 25 pounds and reached my goal weight in September. Now I am working to keep the weight off and stay active. I find the best motivation for walking is a good audiobook and the support of my friends. Thanks for joining me in this journey! If you have any questions and don’t want to comment, please email me at twimom227 (at) gmail (dot) com.

32 Responses to “#FitReaders Check-In: April 10, 2015”

1. Jeffe Kennedy says:

Poor snow baby! I’ve upped my daily average up to 5.2 miles/day and I’m down 2.6 pounds – yay! For the junk craving, you might consider doing a 2-3 cleanse/fast. It’s not easy, but it breaks that craving cycle like nothing else.

• Jen Twimom says:

Wow! Over 5 miles per day is amazing!! And great job on losing weight. I’ve never done a cleanse. It just sounds so awful. lol. I’ll keep in it mind, tho!

2. gk nelson says:

I met my steps every day but Wednesday. I did join 24 fitness and I do have a lifting buddy so I am pretty excited in starting a lifting program. And I started back with my training program. I am working on a sub 1 hour 10k. we will see how that goes in the next few months.

3. Gayle Cochrane says:

It was a snacky week here too. Can I blame the Easter Bunny? I think I was missing my 1/4 cup of dark chocolate almonds. Just picked them up again today, and feel like I won’t eat everything in sight. Keep the steps up, but focusing on the active minutes, and plugging away at the food log on fitbit.

4. I thought it was warming up for you but the weather has a mind of its own! We had crazy weather over the weekend too. It only lasted 2 days then got hot again. Luckily my kids are older now so they didn’t participate in the Easter egg hunts so we don’t have candy at home. But we do have it at work and it has been hard to stay away from it! You did great with 6 days of exercise! I did ok this week. Meetings got in the way of going to the gym for lunch but I tried to keep active. Here is my link and have a great week!!

5. Kathryn Trask says:

It looks like a very good walking week, pity about the snow. Our weather is about to cut up rough. I had a very good past week though and met my goal so happy with that.

6. Mary (Bookfan) says:

My week started out slowly but I got back to hitting my steps goal on Monday. Today starts the countdown to our daughter’s wedding next Saturday. Not sure if I’ll hit my goal for exercise this week but I’ll try.

7. Carole says:

Everyone is doing so good!

8. Grrr! Snow?!?! I’m so glad I live in the south, that would not work for me. Good for you still getting out there though! And good luck with the junk food, that’s the hardest for me too.

• Jen Twimom says:

Thanks. I think I’m feeling run down b/c I’m eating poorly. And because I’m always tired and run down, I eat poorly. I need to just stop!

9. Deborah Shealy Wiley says:

Knee issues have been plaguing me but I’m working back up to getting more exercise in! Here’s my update: http://www.ck2skwipsandkritiques.com/2015/04/11/fit-readers-weekly-check-in-april-11-debbie/

10. Kristin T. says:

Ughhh…I’m so glad we didn’t get any snow this week. I hope you’ve seen the last of it by you! I have an addiction to junk food, too – chips are my weakness, so I don’t keep them in the house! Occasionally I’ll buy a small bag for when I get a sandwich at Subway or something, but that’s it. I keep carrots, apples and nuts in the house for when I need that crunch!

• Jen Twimom says:

That’s a great idea – unfortunately, there is a convenient store next to my office and I’m making too many “single serving” trips!

11. Melanie Simmons says:

We’ve had some cold weather and rain, but no snow. I get the junk food cravings sometimes too. I’m hoping to get some walking on my lunch breaks and get more Daily Burn workouts after work.

12. Angie F. says:

I’ve gotten back into the habit of doing Blogilates! I managed all 7 days of both challenges this week: http://pinkindle.net/2015/04/sunday-post-177.html

13. Bride of the Book God says:

Managed slightly over 20km in the past week, feeling very pleased with that but not sure that i can keep it up 🙂

14. Brandie says:

Ugh, snow! I was so glad we finally got decent weather this weekend in Ohio. Spent a lot of time outside. I hit a step milestone yesterday because of being outside all day! But I ate horrible all weekend and am hoping to get back on track with my diet this week.

• Jen Twimom says:

Good luck getting back on track. I weighed in today (Monday) and I’m up again – that’s 3 weeks in a row. I need to make an adjustment to my snacking big time!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. #FitReaders: Weekly Check-in April 10 2015 -Geeky Bloggers Book Blog - […] Remember Check-Ins till July are done over That’s What I’m Talking About […]
logo