Welcome to Week #1 of my Month of Celebrating.
Today I want to tell you about one of my favorite authors: Lara Adrian. She was one of the first paranormal romance authors I discovered. Her Midnight Breed Series books are on my “auto-purchase” list. The mythology–vampires (Breeds) are descended from a vicious alien race that landed on earth years and years ago–is so unique and intriguing. What I love about her stories is that the hot romance and overall story arc are coupled with exciting action and adventure.
After I became active on Twitter, Lara was one of the first persons I followed, and the first author to follow me back. *Squee* On different occasions, we tweeted back and forth and shared stories about books and living in New Hampshire, where we both have resided the past 10 years. I eventually had the opportunity to meet Lara in person (for more on this event see my post HERE). She was so thoughtful and kind to this fangirl.
Lara has been a big part of my first year blogging. She always answered my questions and helped spread the word on my reviews of her books and other fun things I did this first year. She was my first author interview. She is not only one of my favorite authors, but she is an amazing lady.
To help me celebrate my one year BLOGIVERSARY and my upcoming 40th birthday, Lara has generously donated a signed copy of her latest release: Taken By Midnight (my review HERE). Thank you, Lara!! The rules for giveaway are listed below.
I hope you all are enjoying this MONTH OF CELEBRATING! I know I am!! Be sure to enter my $40 Birthday Gift Card giveaway as well. For more information, please go HERE. Once again, thank you all for making my first year of blogging such a success!
1) Contest is open from Monday January 31, 2011 to Friday February 4, 2011 at 11:00 PM EST.
2) In order to enter, you must leave a comment telling me who one of your favorite authors is at the END OF THIS POST.
3) Please also leave your email address so that I may contact you if you win. (If you prefer not to leave your email, you may send it to me confidentially.)
4) You do not have to be a follower of my blog, but it is appreciated.
5) Winner must be 18 years of age.
6) Each person that leaves a comment and follows the rules for the giveaway will receive an entry for the giveaway – only one entry per person.
7) Winner will be selected from all eligible entrants using random.org.
8) The winner will be announced on my blog on Saturday February 5, 2011. Winner will have one week to contact me or another winner will be selected.
9) The contest is open to US, Canadian and INTERNATIONAL mailing addresses.