Whether you’ve read these titles or not, you should. Jus’ Sayin’. Whether you agree or not, this is how I picture my main men. Additionally, these are some of my favorite males from 2011 reads. Snag a tall, cool drink or grab a fan, and enjoy the eye candy! Happy Holidays!
10. Arik. The Aegis from Larissa Ione’s Immortal Rider. Even though there wasn’t the epic description in the book for me, I always pictured him as looking like Jason Lewis.
9. Max. From Of Course I Try by Seleste deLaney. I really loved Max and his mystery. I think he looks a bit like Johnny Depp.
8. Mr. Darcy, from Pride and Prejudice: the Wild and Wanton Edition. (side note: If you’ve not read this ‘smutetized’ version, it’s worth spending a few bucks to get it digitally when it goes on special!) From the first time I read Pride and Prejudice, I’ve always had a pretty static image of Mr. Darcy. Then, I see Colin Firth in a movie, **ding**ding**ding** There’s Mr. Darcy! … HOWEVER…after reading the Wild and Wanton version, I’m thinking Mr. Darcy is more like Jude Law.
7. Matthias, from Infinite Betrayal by Gayle Donnelly and Robyn Mackenzie. Immediately, upon reading his description, I thought: long-haired version of Christian Bale.
6. Cardus, from Robin D. Owens’ novella, Heart and Soul. Not only do I love the world of Celta that Owens has created, I dearly love her character, Cardus. I picture him as a younger Rutger Hauer.
5. Rhage, a.k.a. Hollywood from the world of J. R. Ward. With his ‘Hollywood’ good looks, how’s a girl NOT to love Rhage? To me, he looks like Gabriel Aubrey. (see photo, left)
4. Rio, the dark and dangerous hero from Lara Adrian’s Midnight Breed series. Viggo Mortensen was the first image that came to mind when I read about Rio.
3. Strider, from Gena Showalter’s Lords of the Universe series. While a dearly love all of these tormented souls, Strider is my favorite. Because he is the keeper of Lies, it’s always entertaining to see how he gets around his inability to tell the truth. I’ve always seen him as Ryan Reynolds.
2. Tohrment. This warrior, also from the world of J. R. Ward, is my Brother. Great description of him… and I envision him as a blonde Chris Hemsworth.
1. Wrath, the Blind King from the world of J. R. Ward. Mmmm. Love me some Brothers! I’ve always pictured Wrath as looking like Oded Fehr.