Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog but I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The July Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
I’ve decided to change my weekly check-in posts just a little bit. My own personal “fitness week” runs Monday – Sunday; however since I was posting check-ins on Fridays, I was reporting on Friday – Thursday here each week. This is a lot of work for me, monitoring two different schedules and “fitness weeks.” So, as of July 1, 2016, I’m going to continue my Friday check-ins; however, I’m going to report on my prior “fitness week,” which will be the Monday – Sunday before each post. This means my posts will be almost a week behind “real time,” but it doesn’t mean anything to you. It’s just a change, so I wanted to let you know!
My Week (June 20 – June 26):
So this is basically a repeat of last Friday’s post because that was for June 17-23). My week went well, and even though I didn’t walk over the weekend, I was very busy at Girl Scout Camp, and still got in my steps. We had fun canoeing, swimming, doing a ropes course, and more! And because we were so busy, I didn’t have time to eat junk food. I had my weigh-in on Monday, and my weight stayed the same, and is still down from last month. The other good thing is that my lower legs didn’t bother me at all, until after the 30 minute car ride home!
Monday: one walk totaling 30 minutes + yard work, 15,629 steps/day
Tuesday: two walks totaling 44 minutes + yard work, 12,040 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 40 minutes + yard work, 13,739 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 12,110 steps/day
Friday: two walks totaling 42 minutes, 12,747 steps/day
Saturday: no dedicated walks (at GS camp), 15,950 steps/day
Sunday: no dedicated walks, 10,453 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
My goals are basically the same as the past few months:
- Reach 10,000 steps each day;
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week;
- Achieve a “red dot” each hour from 7AM – 7PM 3 days per week;
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day;
- Walk at least one 5K (and hopefully 10K once I get medical okay!).
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? What are your goals for July? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.