Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The July Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (July 4 – July 10):
So… still on vacation, still having so much fun, and still getting in my steps. However, I’ve been eating (and drinking) WAY TOO MUCH! I gained another 1.4 lbs last week (on my official weigh-in day), but the shocker on the scale was that I was over my goal weight on three mornings last week! (I weigh myself daily, but only have a weekly “weigh-in” each Monday.) I’ve not had that happen in almost two years. I’m not proud of that, and I’ve already started to scale back. The extended family is all gone, so it’s just my immediate family now, and we aren’t as prone to happy hours and extended meal times. My goal this week will be moderation.
I did get in a 5k earlier this week, slow but steady. I’m having ups and downs with my achilles pain, noticing more on days I do higher intensity walking. I’m going to look into new walking shoes when I get home.
A big thanks to those who have stopped by to say hello. I feel like a big loser not visiting any blogs while I’ve been on vacation. I will get back to it soon.
Monday: one walk totaling 34 minutes, 16,389 steps/day
Tuesday: one walk totaling 35 minutes, 12,350 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 10,185 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 47 minutes, 14,483 steps/day – 5k
Friday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 13,730 steps/day
Saturday: two walks totaling 62 minutes, 19,173 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 41 minutes, 11,304 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/7 days
- Achieve a “red dot” each hour from 7AM – 7PM 3 days per week – 1/7 days
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7 days
- Walk at least one 5K (and hopefully 10K once I get medical okay!) – 1
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.