Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The July Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (July 11 – July 17):
Well… I had lots of fun on vacation, and we’ll leave it at that. The second full week of vacation and the drive home did not bode well for me in terms of physical fitness and wellbeing. I ate a lot. I didn’t always walk much. I gained weight. In fact, at Monday’s weigh-in, I was OVER my goal weight for the first time since September 2014. O.0
But I am not going to let that discourage me. I’m already working to eat better now that I’m home. I will get in my steps and walks; however, I don’t know if I’ll be able to keep up with the “red dot” goal over the summer. Either I’m busy and doing something that doesn’t allow me to walk easily, or I’m just hanging out and don’t care, etc. I’ll continue to see how it goes over the next week, but I think I’m going to can that goal until September.
Monday: two walks totaling 50 minutes, 11,986 steps/day
Tuesday: one walk totaling 50 minutes, 12,238 steps/day (2nd 5k this month)
Wednesday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 12,794 steps/day
Thursday: no exercise, 8,140 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 38 minutes, 11,805 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 4,237 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 7,461 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 4/7 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 4/6 days
- Achieve a “red dot” each hour from 7AM – 7PM 3 days per week – 0/3 days
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7 days
- Walk at least one 5K (and hopefully 10K once I get medical okay!) – 2 for the month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.