Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The July Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (July 18 – July 24):
I’ve been home for a whole week and doing a bit better in terms of healthy living. While I didn’t lose any weight from last week’s weigh-in (I’m still above my goal weight), my overall caloric intake was down about 1,700 calories for the week (and about 4,000 calories from the week prior!). It took a couple weeks to put on the weight, so I know it will take a couple weeks to take it back off.
I did pretty well walking, meeting my step goal all but one day, and getting in another 5k on Tuesday. I’ve notice an increase in my achilles issues now that I’m walking a bit more – I really need to stretch and ice my legs each and every day! I was also glad to get back to my yoga after a month’s absence!
Monday: one walk totaling 43 minutes, 11,352 steps/day
Tuesday: one walk totaling 55 minutes, 10,218 steps/day – 5k+
Wednesday: one walk totaling 37 minutes, 11,997 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 18 minutes + 55 minutes Body Flow, 13,494steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 37 minutes, 11,223 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 12,386 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 6,764 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6 days
- Achieve a “red dot” each hour from 7AM – 7PM 3 days per week – 1/3 days
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7 days
- Walk at least one 5K (and hopefully 10K once I get medical okay!) – 3 for the month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.