Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The July Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (June 27 – July 3):
Summer vacation has begun! I finished out my job on Tuesday (7/28) and we headed off to my folks home on Wednesday (7/29). That was a two day car trip, but thanks to my Fitbit buddies, I was encouraged to still get in my steps, even after being in the car all day. I call that a HUGE win! Also, I was able to hit 10,000 steps every day in June! Yea!
Vacation has been a blast with lots of family fun, a little too much sun (ouch, sunburn), overeating, and lots of lake time. I only gained 0.2 lbs (so no gain) from the previous week – however I’d only been on vacation for a few days as of my weigh in on Monday. I’m trying to remember not to snack too much, but when I’m in the sun all day, cold beer and chips taste sooooo good. I have been drinking lots of water, too. *takes another sip of water*
Monday: one walk totaling 47 minutes, 13,237 steps/day
Tuesday: one walk totaling 18 minutes, 10,919 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 35 minutes, 10,268 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 30 minutes, 12,786 steps/day
Friday: two walks totaling 46 minutes, 12,434 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 12,605 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 37 minutes, 12,582 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 3/3 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 2/3 days
- Achieve a “red dot” each hour from 7AM – 7PM 3 days per week – 1/3 days
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 3/3 days
- Walk at least one 5K (and hopefully 10K once I get medical okay!) – 0
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.