Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The August Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (August 1 – 7, 2016):
I started the week below my goal weight after being above it for three weeks, but I missed this week’s weigh-in because I was on a family vacation in Hersheypark, Pennsylvania. I’m guessing I put on some weight based on the food choices I made, but overall, I did well. We were very active – moving all the time, and I tried to make good choices with the available food selections. I didn’t get in a 5k last week, so I’m very bummed that I started off August on that bad note, but I did have lots of active minutes because of all the walking at the park. One funny thing is that my Fitbit auto-recorded multiple walks during the days I was at the park, ranging in time from 11 to 29 minutes. It must have been walking to/from our parking spot or running across the park to catch the next ride!
Monday: one walk totaling 42 minutes, 10,608 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: one walk totaling 33 minutes, 10,412 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 37 minutes + two mini walks, 14,290 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 12,253 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 11,718 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 10 minutes + 2 hours amusement park, 11,833 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise + 12 hours amusement park, 20,912 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 5/6 days
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7 days
- Walk a 5K each week – 0/5 in August
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.