Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The August Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (August 8 – 14, 2016):
As I mentioned in my previous post, I started last week on vacation at Hersheypark in Pennsylvania. I got in lots of steps because of the park, but also ate chocolate and fast foods. In general, my weight has been up – the highest it’s been in two years, but I was able to squeak in at my goal weight for this week’s weigh-in. I’ve also been fairly active, despite the heat. I may go slower, but I’m still moving. One problem though, my achilles issues have flared up again. I’m hoping it’s temporary and due to all the walking at the amusement park.
Monday: no exercise + 10 hours amusement park, 20,086 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: one walk totaling 50 minutes, 10,857 steps/day – 5k walk
Wednesday: one walk totaling 37 minutes, 11,324 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 41 minutes, 10,964 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 35 minutes, 10,193 steps/day
Saturday: two walks totaling 53 minutes, 14,029 steps/day
Sunday: three walks totaling 54 minutes, 11,672 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6 days
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7 days
- Walk a 5K each week – 1/5 in August
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.