Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The August Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (July 25 – July 31):
I finally feel like I’m in a little bit of a routine at home, and that is helping my fitness. Home for two full weeks, and I’m happy to report that on Monday’s weigh-in, I was back below my goal weight. Not by much, but that doesn’t matter. I’ve been generally eating better, sleeping better, and getting in my exercise. I also did my yoga again this week, and was really good about stretching and doing my exercises for my calves and achilles. Overall, it was a good week.
Monday: one walk totaling 47 minutes, 12,186 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: no exercise, 10,427 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 39 minutes, 12,754 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 35 minutes + 55 minutes Body Flow, 10,663 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 37 minutes, 14,141 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 33 minutes, 15,399 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 38 minutes, 8,818 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6 days
- Achieve a “red dot” each hour from 7AM – 7PM 3 days per week – 0/3 days
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7 days
- Walk at least one 5K (and hopefully 10K once I get medical okay!) – 4 for the month
Goals for August:
Now that we are in August, I’m changing my goals slightly. Gone is the “red dot” goal for now. It’s just not even feasible with my schedule over the summer. I’m good with that. I still leave the hourly alert on, because if I can get up and move, I should! Also, since it seems to be better for my calves and achilles, I’m not going to worry about getting in a 10k, but rather, try to get in at least one 5k per week. My goals are:
- Reach 10,000 steps each day
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day
- Walk a 5K each week
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.