Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The September Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (September 5 – September 11):
I’m doing it! Last week I was very diligent about what I ate and drank, making great choices. I wasn’t “perfect,” but so much better than I had been – consistently for the whole week. And I lost a little weight, which is rewarding. I know I still have a ways to go to make these better choices my new norm (again!), but every little step counts. I also continue to get out there and move. I’m really enjoying the new Fitbit personal adventures. I’ve done all three – a couple more than once. Its fun to see if I can collect all the treasures, and if I can match the daily goal.
Monday: one walk totaling 47 minutes, 11,077 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 10,375 steps/day
Wednesday: two walks totaling 43 minutes, 11,976 steps/day
Thursday: 50 minutes Body Flow + one walk totaling 40 minutes, 13,296 steps/day
Friday: two walks totaling 48 minutes, 11,396 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 11,323 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 42 minutes, 10,362 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 3/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (4 for the month of September) – 2/4 (month)
- Attend Body Flow once per week (4 for the month of September) – 1/4 (month)
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.