Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The September Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (August 22 – August 28):
Hmmm… What to say? Well. I am being more diligent with my food intake. It wasn’t close to “perfect,” but it was a heck of a lot better than the past several weeks. I was down over 1.5 lbs. at Monday’s weigh-in, so that’s a good thing. I’m not going to say “hurray, I’m on a downward trend” just yet, but I felt like I had a much better handle on my own behavior this week. I even made better choices when I went out to the Cheesecake Factory – I had a salad and NO DESSERT. See, I can do it! Thanks to all those who’ve been giving me positive feedback and encouragement. It means a lot!
Monday: one walk totaling 47 minutes, 11,470 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: one walk totaling 48 minutes, 12,887 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: one walk totaling 46 minutes, 11,798 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: one walk totaling 24 minutes, 10,861 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 37 minutes, 10,848 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 12,400 steps/day
Sunday: two walks totaling 54 minutes, 13,776 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7 days
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6 days
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7 days
- Walk a 5K each week – 5/5 in August
Goals for September:
Now that we are in September, I’m adjusting my goals slightly to fit the back-to-work schedule. I’m going to add back the “red dot” goal because it helps me move during the day, while at work. I’m also going to add back in my weekly “yoga” goal. The other goals will stay the same. My goals are:
- Reach 10,000 steps each day
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day
- Walk a 5K each week (4 for the month of September)
- Attend Body Flow once per week (4 for the month of September)
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.