Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The September Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (September 12 – September 18):
Another decent/good week under my belt. While I was over my caloric intake every day, it was only by a few calories each day. I didn’t gain or lose weight this week when I weighed in on Monday, so I call it a win for the week! Sometimes it’s the little things. Unfortunately for the first time since July, I didn’t get in my 10,000 steps on Sunday, but I had gone over 20,000 the previous day. We spent the day at a camp: playing, hiking, etc. I made sure I did lots of moving around and was rewarded with a 20k day!
In other “health” news, my life has been overly crazy the past couple weeks, and probably will remain that way for a while longer. I’ve been a bit frantic and discombobulated. I am still getting in walks, but my reading and blogging life is suffering, which really bums me out. I am feeling disconnected from my online friends and am six books behind on my annual goal. *deep breathes* Thanks to those who get me in the Fitbit Challenges – at least I have a little interaction with folks!
Monday: one walk totaling 30 minutes, 11,548 steps/day
Tuesday: two walks totaling 44 minutes, 11,417 steps/day
Wednesday: two walks totaling 51 minutes, 12,405 steps/day
Thursday: 50 minutes Body Flow + one walk totaling 35 minutes, 13,727 steps/day
Friday: two walks totaling 49 minutes, 10,969 steps/day
Saturday: multiple walks & hikes totaling 148 active minutes, 20,302 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 11 minutes, 7,347 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 3/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (4 for the month of September) – 2/4 (month)
- Attend Body Flow once per week (4 for the month of September) – 2/4 (month)
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.