Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Starting next week, I will be hosting the weekly check-ins for the rest of 2016 (October-December), and the October Commit to Exercise post will be up tomorrow. You can still find check-ins every Friday at Felcia’s blog, as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The September Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (September 19 – September 25):
Well, it certainly was a crazy week last week. My folks were in town and we did a lot, which kept me on my feet and stepping it up! While the stress of a busy life is still getting to me, having Mom and Dad here was wonderful. We did some small projects around the house and celebrated my mom’s birthday. I worked hard at watching what I ate, without skipping on the celebratory ice cream and other fun things. I have been feeling better about my personal health, which is one thing less to stress about. I was even back down near my goal weight when I weighed in on Monday. One day at a time… one day at a time.
Monday: one walk totaling 47 minutes, 13,901 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: one walk totaling 48 minutes, 14,477 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: one walk totaling 38 minutes, 11,150 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 13,955 steps/day
Friday: two walks totaling 37 minutes, 11,504 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 31 minutes + corn maze, 15,003 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 12,576 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 6/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (4 for the month of September) – 4/4 (month)
- Attend Body Flow once per week (4 for the month of September) – 2/4 (month)
How was your week? How did September go for you? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow to Commit to Exercise for October!