Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from July through September 2016, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The September Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (August 29 – September 4):
UP. Down. UP. Down. No… that’s not me doing pushups or squats. It’s my weight. Last week, after I talked about how I’m no longer “maintaining,” and how I had to be better, I went out and ate way too much over the holiday weekend. My weight was up, and I’m once again realizing that what I’m doing isn’t working. I can’t continue to eat 500-1,000 calories over my daily allowance and expect to coast along at my goal weight. Crazy, right?! *shakes head* So I’m trying again this week to be more mindful about my daily allowance of calories and limit my snacking and sweets. Because it does matter – I can’t keep doing it!
In exercise news… My achilles are finally feeling better. I think I was actually doing too much to “help them,” and I’m finding that with more simple stretching and using my good shoes with inserts, I’m much better. And last week I totally ROCKED the red dot!
Monday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 13,236 steps/day
Tuesday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 10,993 steps/day
Wednesday: two walks totaling 41 minutes, 13,848 steps/day
Thursday: two walks totaling 56 minutes, 13,619 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 50 minutes, 12,790 steps/day – 5k finished
Saturday: one walk totaling 20 minutes, 11,281 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 36 minutes, 12,267 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do this week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 7/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (4 for the month of September) – 1/4 (month)
- Attend Body Flow once per week (4 for the month of September) – 0/4 (month)
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.