Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group! For the remainder of the 2016, I will be hosting the weekly check-ins (October-December). You can still find check-ins every Friday at Felcia’s blog, as well.
FYI: I only use the linky signups for the monthly Commit to Exercise posts, so please use the comment section below for your check-in. You can leave a link to your own weekly check-in blog post or any social media site in the comment section. Or if you prefer, use the comment section as your own weekly check-in space.
** Don’t forget to “cross the finish line” each month after you complete your 5k, 10k, or your 1 mile walk. See this month’s link, below. You can always go back and log previous months if you’ve forgotten. **
If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The October Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (October 3 – October 9):
Hmmm… well it’s been a decent week. Other than Sunday, I did well with my daily steps and exercise. And as far as caloric intake – again… I had a good week, but I didn’t eat great over the weekend. It was my son’s birthday and we at out for breakfast, plus had a huge feast at my in laws. So I’m feeling a little frustrated that I gained weight again this week. Only 0.8 lbs, but it’s not the direction I want to be headed. What this tells me is that my body is getting older, my metabolism is slowing down, and if I want to reach and maintain a certain weight, I need to be more vigilant. That is frustrating, and I need to make sure I don’t let this turn into a complacent slide down.
Monday: one walk totaling 46 minutes, 13,505 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: two walks totaling 58 minutes, 13,576 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: one walk totaling 50 minutes, 12,207 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: 50 minutes BodyFlow + one walk totaling 40 minutes, 14,695 steps/day
Friday: one walk 40 minutes, 11,065 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 34 minutes, 10,558 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 7,040 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 5/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (4 for the month of October) – 3/4 (month)
- Attend Body Flow once per week (4 for the month of October) – 1/4 (month)
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges?