Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group! For the remainder of the 2016, I will be hosting the weekly check-ins (October-December).
FYI: I only use the linky signups for the monthly Commit to Exercise posts, so please use the comment section below for your check-in. You can leave a link to your own weekly check-in blog post or any social media site in the comment section. Or if you prefer, use the comment section as your own weekly check-in space.
** Don’t forget to “cross the finish line” each month after you complete your 5k, 10k, or your 1 mile walk. See this month’s link, below. You can always go back and log previous months if you’ve forgotten. **
If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The October Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (October 10 – October 16):
Last week was a pretty good week. I stuck to my goals as much as possible and tried to make careful choices. I spent Friday and Saturday at the Fall in Love with New England book conference, a first time con here in New England. While I did indulge in the giant piece of chocolate cake Friday and the chocolate chip-heath bar on Saturday, I also kept to normal size portions and didn’t make a second trip to the buffet. I also had eaten really well on the other days of last week, so it all balanced out in the end, and I lost a pound last week – the weight I’d put on the previous week.
On the exercise front, I’m holding my own. I did have to skip Body Flow last week because of work. However on Wednesday, I went on a field trip to Boston with my girl’s class, so I got in a few extra steps that day. This coming week is supposed to beautiful weather, so I plan to try and get in a few extra steps outside and do some yard work on the weekend.
Monday: one walk totaling 45 minutes, 12,724 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: one walk totaling 35 minutes, 10,361 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 13,191 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 12,257 steps/day
Friday: one walk 31 minutes, 11,817 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 8,124 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 35 minutes, 12,343 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 5/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (4 for the month of October) – 4/4 (month)
- Attend Body Flow once per week (4 for the month of October) – 1/4 (month)
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges?