Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group! For the remainder of the 2016, I will be hosting the weekly check-ins (October-December). Don’t forget to come back SUNDAY NOVEMBER 1, so sign up for November!
FYI: I only use the linky signups for the monthly Commit to Exercise posts, so please use the comment section below for your check-in. You can leave a link to your own weekly check-in blog post or any social media site in the comment section. Or if you prefer, use the comment section as your own weekly check-in space.
** Don’t forget to “cross the finish line” each month after you complete your 5k, 10k, or your 1 mile walk. See this month’s link, below. You can always go back and log previous months if you’ve forgotten. **
If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The October Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (October 17 – October 23):
I am feeling good about last week. Another decent week for exercise and on-track week for caloric intake. I lost a little bit of weight and was at my goal weight when I weighed in on Monday. I’m aiming to lose a couple pounds before the holidays starting coming around… you all know how tough those can be! I have been hovering about 1-4 pounds above my goal weight for several months now, and I hope I can stay down now. One bad note – I had to miss Body Flow again this week due to a doctor’s appointment for my girl. Boo!
Monday: one walk totaling 45 minutes, 12,929 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: two walks totaling 48 minutes, 12,563 steps/day
Wednesday: two walks totaling 42 minutes, 10,312 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 12,467 steps/day
Friday: no exercise, 6,655 steps/day
Saturday: on walk totaling 32 minutes, 11,039 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 11,015 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 4/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (4 for the month of October) – 5/4 (month)
- Attend Body Flow once per week (4 for the month of October) – 1/4 (month)
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges?