Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group! For the remainder of the 2016, I will be hosting the weekly check-ins (October-December).
FYI: I only use the linky signups for the monthly Commit to Exercise posts, so please use the comment section below for your check-in. You can leave a link to your own weekly check-in blog post or any social media site in the comment section. Or if you prefer, use the comment section as your own weekly check-in space.
** Don’t forget to “cross the finish line” each month after you complete your 5k, 10k, or your 1 mile walk. See this month’s link, below. You can always go back and log previous months if you’ve forgotten. **
If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The November Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (November 7 – November 13, 2016):
Okay. I’m doing good. I had an eating “challenge” this weekend, celebrating both my husband’s and brother-in-law’s birthdays on Saturday. I did eat and drink a bunch of calories (and went overboard with a second cupcake!), but it was balanced by good choices all week. Although I gained a little weight, I’m still just below my goal weight. I can do this!
Exercise is going well. I’ve finished all of my physical therapy from my achilles and calf issues – but I have a chronic condition, and the problem isn’t going to go away unless I keep on top of stretching and conditioning. I have a list of things to do at home… this will be a challenge for me. I also purposely skipped BodyFlow again this week. I’m going to have to scratch that goal for the month because I will be unable to go next two weeks. *sigh*
Monday: one walk totaling 50 minutes, 14,404 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 10,674 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 36 minutes, 11,035 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 39 minutes, 13,517 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 11,160 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 10,452 steps/day
Sunday: one hour yard work + one walk totaling 32 minutes, 13,544 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 3/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (5 for the month of November) – 2/5 (month)
- Attend Body Flow once per week (3 for the month of November) – 0/3 (month)
Join us Next Thursday…
On Thursday November 24th… Join Felicia and me and #StrutMyStuff on Thanksgiving! No matter where you live or whether or not you celebrate Thanksgiving, the idea is to get in your steps on this traditionally slow-moving, food-filled U.S. Holiday. SO… here’s how to participate:
- Get in your exercise – it doesn’t matter how big or small, just do it! Either while you are exercising, or after, tweet or Facebook about it using the hashtags #ThanksgivingWalk #StrutMyStuff #FitReaders and/or #NovemberWalk
- I will have a special #FitReaders post next Thursday. Check in here, using the comment section of that post. Leave your name and what you did for your #ThanksgivingWalk.
- Once you have completed your walk (or other exercise), you can download this awesome badge and display it with pride (if you would like me to send you the media file, please let me know).
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Remember to check back on Thursday and #StrutMyStuff !!!