Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group! For the remainder of the 2016, I will be hosting the weekly check-ins (October-December). Don’t forget to signup for November!
FYI: I only use the linky signups for the monthly Commit to Exercise posts, so please use the comment section below for your check-in. You can leave a link to your own weekly check-in blog post or any social media site in the comment section. Or if you prefer, use the comment section as your own weekly check-in space.
** Don’t forget to “cross the finish line” each month after you complete your 5k, 10k, or your 1 mile walk. See this month’s link, below. You can always go back and log previous months if you’ve forgotten. **
If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The November Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (October 24 – October 30):
October ended up being a good month for me. While I didn’t hit my exercise goals each week (most significantly, I didn’t get to BodyFlow very often), I did keep on top of my food intake; making better choices on the whole. This has paid off, for at this week’s weigh-in, I was back under my goal weight! Woo hoo. But I know that I can’t just coast. It took me 7 months to realize that I can’t just coast along and expect the weight to come or stay off. With the holidays approaching, I need to be even more vigilant.
As for my movement/exercise this week: First… I was a little bit lazy last weekend, but I’m okay with that. I’ll count the 30+ minutes I went trick-or-treating with my girl as exercise. 🙂 and Second… I discovered that I actually have two flaws with my Fitbit Alta. While the Alta was counting my daily steps, they weren’t all registering in the cloud or wherever the steps go to. Which is why last week I didn’t get may days with all of my red dots filled in. My Alta would see the steps, but the Fitbit server did not. #frustrating. The other is that my Alta started experiencing significant battery drawdown. This was easily seen by Fitbit customer service, and since I am still under warranty, they are mailing me a replacement Alta this week.
Monday: one walk totaling 46 minutes, 12,083 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: two walks totaling 41 minutes, 12,464 steps/day
Wednesday: two walks totaling 51 minutes, 12,413 steps/day
Thursday: 50 minutes BodyFlow + one walk totaling 37 minutes, 11,367 steps/day
Friday: no exercise, 5,808 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 48 minutes, 11,823 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: 34 minutes of trick-or-treating, 11,378 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 1/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (4 for the month of October) – 7/4 (month)
- Attend Body Flow once per week (4 for the month of October) – 2/4 (month)
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges?