Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group! For the remainder of the 2016, I will be hosting the weekly check-ins (October-December). We are in the HOME STRETCH for 2016!!
FYI: I only use the linky signups for the monthly Commit to Exercise posts, so please use the comment section below for your check-in. You can leave a link to your own weekly check-in blog post or any social media site in the comment section. Or if you prefer, use the comment section as your own weekly check-in space.
** Don’t forget to “cross the finish line” each month after you complete your 5k, 10k, or your 1 mile walk. See this month’s link, below. You can always go back and log previous months if you’ve forgotten. **
If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The December Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)**
#FitReaders information page
**Don’t forget if you completed 10 virtual “races” this year (and you still have time to get them) to email Felicia your address: felicia(at)geekybloggersbookblog(dot)com
Last Week (December 5 – December 11, 2016):
I feel like I’m just holding steady, which is what I want to do between now and the end of the year. My week was stable. I lost the little bit I’d gained over the Thanksgiving weekend. I’m getting my Christmas shopping done… Holding steady!
Monday: one walk totaling 51 minutes, 12,900 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: two walks totaling 43 minutes, 11,284 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 48 minutes, 12,930 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 11,822 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 11,490 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 7,848 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 47 minutes, 12,786 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm, 3 days per week – 3/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (5 for the month of December) – 4/5 (month)
- Find a new yoga class to replace BodyFlow (to start in January 2017) – not completed