Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group! For the remainder of the 2016, I will be hosting the weekly check-ins (October-December). We are in the HOME STRETCH for 2016!!
FYI: I only use the linky signups for the monthly Commit to Exercise posts, so please use the comment section below for your check-in. You can leave a link to your own weekly check-in blog post or any social media site in the comment section. Or if you prefer, use the comment section as your own weekly check-in space.
** Don’t forget to “cross the finish line” each month after you complete your 5k, 10k, or your 1 mile walk. See this month’s link, below. You can always go back and log previous months if you’ve forgotten. **
If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The December Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)**
#FitReaders information page
**Don’t forget if you completed 10 virtual “races” this year (and you still have time to get them) to email Felicia your address: felicia(at)geekybloggersbookblog(dot)com
Last Week (November 21 – November 27, 2016):
Since I log a week behind, this week included Thanksgiving and the extended weekend. I have to say, while I didn’t adhere to a strict caloric intake, I didn’t go as crazy as I have in the past. I also made a big effort to get in my steps and exercise each day, getting in four 5k’s this week. I ended up gaining one pound over the holiday week, and I’m still under my goal weight. So I’m very pleased. It’s helped that our weather has stayed above normal temps, with no snow at this point!
I mentioned last week that my gym changed its schedule, and it is no longer offering BodyFlow. While I am bummed by this news, I have decided I want to try a different yoga studio. So during the month of December, I’ll be looking into that, with the hopes of starting yoga in January.
Monday: one walk totaling 53 minutes, 14,105 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: one walk totaling 50 minutes, 12,667 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: one walk totaling 60 minutes, 12,149 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: one walk totaling 43 minutes, 12,415 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: one walk totaling 33 minutes, 10,362 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 10,009 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 33 minutes, 10,669 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 2/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (5 for the month of November) – 9/5 (month)
Attend Body Flow once per week (3 for the month of November) – 0/3 (month)