Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group! For the remainder of the 2016, I will be hosting the weekly check-ins (October-December). We are in the HOME STRETCH for 2016!!
FYI: I only use the linky signups for the monthly Commit to Exercise posts, so please use the comment section below for your check-in. You can leave a link to your own weekly check-in blog post or any social media site in the comment section. Or if you prefer, use the comment section as your own weekly check-in space.
** Don’t forget to “cross the finish line” each month after you complete your 5k, 10k, or your 1 mile walk. See this month’s link, below. You can always go back and log previous months if you’ve forgotten. **
If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The December Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)**
#FitReaders information page
**Don’t forget if you completed 10 virtual “races” this year (and you still have time to get them) to email Felicia your address: felicia(at)geekybloggersbookblog(dot)com
Last Week (December 12 – December 18, 2016):
More just holding steady and getting in my walks. It’s been hard with the extra treats at work, holiday parties, and busy schedules that accompany this time of year. I’m happy to say I’m still where I want to be, and with one more we until vacation (I’m writing this on 12/20), I think I will be good to go when we leave for vacation on 12/24.
I did find out some info on a local yoga studio and have made plans to contact them on January 5, 2017, after my vacation is over, to set up my first session. I hope I like this place!
I will have the final check-in post of the year here next Friday (12/31), and then sign ups for January 2017 will be over with Felicia. Wishing you all a wonderful and healthy holiday season!
Monday: one walk totaling 46 minutes, 13,573 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 10,209 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 30 minutes, 10,405 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 35 minutes, 15,479 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 35 minutes, 13,572 steps/day
Saturday: 30 minutes snow shoveling, 7,210 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 12,971 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm, 3 days per week – 3/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (5 for the month of December) – 5/5 (month)
- Find a new yoga class to replace BodyFlow (to start in January 2017) – completed
Coming December 25, 2016:
No matter where you live or whether or not you celebrate Christmas, join your fellow #FitReaders in the #HolidayWalk. The idea is to get in your steps on this traditionally food-filled holiday. SO… here’s how to participate:
- Get in your exercise – it doesn’t matter how big or small, just do it! Either while you are exercising, or after, tweet about it using the hashtags #HolidayWalk #ChristmasWalk #StrutMyStuff and/or #FitReaders
- Check in here, Twitter, or Facebook. Leave your name and what you did for your #HolidayWalk.
- Once you have completed your walk (or other exercise), you can download this awesome badge and display it with pride (if you would like me to send you the media file, please let me know).
Thank you to Felicia for designing this AWESOME badge!!
Felicia and I hope each of you have a wonderful holiday season. Thank you for your continued support!