Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group! For the remainder of the 2016, I will be hosting the weekly check-ins (October-December). We are in the HOME STRETCH for 2016!!
FYI: I only use the linky signups for the monthly Commit to Exercise posts, so please use the comment section below for your check-in. You can leave a link to your own weekly check-in blog post or any social media site in the comment section. Or if you prefer, use the comment section as your own weekly check-in space.
** Don’t forget to “cross the finish line” each month after you complete your 5k, 10k, or your 1 mile walk. See this month’s link, below. You can always go back and log previous months if you’ve forgotten. **
If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
The December Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)**
#FitReaders information page
**Don’t forget if you completed 10 virtual “races” this year (and you still have time to get them) to email Felicia your address: felicia(at)geekybloggersbookblog(dot)com
Last Week (November 28 – December 4, 2016):
Everything is going along pretty good. I’m back to better eating, and although I was up 0.2 pounds at weigh-in Monday, I know that I ate much better this past week than the week before. I just need to keep it up for a couple more weeks until I get to vacation! It’s going to be hard with holiday parties, office luncheons, and cookies all over the place. The weather has started to turn wintery, with rain and even snow, which makes it a bit more difficult to get in my longer walks. But I’ll get in my steps by walking around my house or using the elliptical.
Monday: one walk totaling 51 minutes, 13,006 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: one walk totaling 24 minutes, 10,357 steps/day
Wednesday: two walks totaling 42 minutes, 11,006 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 14,221 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 11,130 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 12,595 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 46 minutes, 15,353 steps/day – 5k finished
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm, 3 days per week – 4/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K each week (5 for the month of December) – 2/5 (month)
- Find a new yoga class to replace BodyFlow (to start in January 2017) – not completed