Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from January – March, 2017, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
New to #FitReaders?
FitReaders is an easy-going support group for those who want to improve or maintain their overall health. We encourage walking, running, strength training, yoga, and any other type of movement that is best for your body, health, and lifestyle. We offer blog posts and check-ins to help with accountability. Additionally we have a Facebook group and can be found on Twitter with the hashtag #FitReaders. Felicia and I are here to support and encourage, and the group can offer suggestions and advice based on personal experiences. We are glad you’ve joined us.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want. I’m also on Fitbit and I’m always up for a challenge. Please send me a friend request!
What is a Virtual Fun Mile/5k/10? This Virtual Fun Mile/5k/10k is organized online and FitReaders from all over the world can compete. Where it is different from a traditional Fun Mile/5K/10k is that you are responsible for completing the walk/run at any place you desire, at any time during the race timeframe that works for you. For more information about the Virtual Race series, see the #FitReaders 101 link, below.
The January Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
My Last 2 Weeks (December 19, 2016 – January 1, 2017):
To summarize the past two weeks: HOLIDAY VACATION. I enjoyed my time both here at home and away on our family trip to Grand Cayman. While I did track everything I ate/drank and walked almost every day, I didn’t stress about it. I turned off my Fitbit notifications and went with the flow. I only gained 2 pounds over the two weeks, and I am still at my goal weight since I’d shed a couple pounds leading up to the holidays. Life is good.
Monday 12/19: one walk totaling 50 minutes, 17,233 steps/day – 5k finished
Tuesday: two walks totaling 43 minutes, 11,556 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 33 minutes, 11,200 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 39 minutes, 11,410 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 30 minutes, 12,384 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 48minutes, 15,156 steps/day – 5k finished
Sunday: no exercise, 9,478 steps/day – travel day
Monday 12/26: no exercise but 44 active minutes, 13,594 steps/day
Tuesday: one walk totaling 54 minutes, 11,790 steps/day – 5k finished
Wednesday: two walks totaling 96 minutes, 16,095 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: one hour snorkeling; one walk totaling 29 minutes, 10,155 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 56 minutes, 16,286 steps/day – 5k finished
Saturday: one walk totaling 46 minutes, 10,780 steps/day
Sunday: one hour snorkeling, 5,844 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do the last 2 weeks?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 12/14
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 11/12
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm, 3 days per week – 4/3 and 2/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 14/14
- Walk a 5K each week (5 for the month of December) – 10/5 (month)
- Find a new yoga class to replace BodyFlow (to start in January 2017) – completed
Goals for January:
A new year, but pretty much the same goals. My goals are:
- Reach 10,000 steps each day
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day
- Walk a 5K a total of 6 for the month of January
- Attend a yoga class once per week (4 for the month of January)
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.