Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from January – March, 2017, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want. I’m also on Fitbit and I’m always up for a challenge. Please send me a friend request!
The February Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (January 30 – February 5, 2017):
First – I had a GREAT time at Coastal Magic Con 2017. I spent the week talking about books, meeting authors, hanging out with new and old friends, laughing, dancing, eating, and drinking. I did get in some walks and exercise, but not much (although I got in a lot of steps just from moving around). Due to the travel, I didn’t do well with my weekly goals at all (see below).
I returned home from Coastal Magic with a significant weight gain. No surprise, but still, I’m a wee-bit disappointed that I didn’t try a little harder NOT to eat and drink so much! I think the Super Bowl party pushed me over the edge. I’m giving myself two weeks to try and take it off without a huge adjustment to my diet. However, with a week of snow heading our way, I don’t know when I’ll get in my walks!
Monday: Yoga 60 minutes, one walk totaling 40 minutes, 10,714 steps/day
Tuesday: no exercise, 6,718 steps/day
Wednesday: two walks totaling 75 minutes, 14,733 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 33 minutes, 13,607 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 36 minutes, 22,237 steps/day – 3 hours of dancing
Saturday: no exercise, 8,351 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 45 minutes, 15,142 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 5/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 5/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 2/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 6 times for the month of February – 0 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 6 for the month of February – 1 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.