Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from January – March, 2017, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want. I’m also on Fitbit and I’m always up for a challenge. Please send me a friend request!
The February Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (February 6 – 12, 2017):
My first week back from Coastal Magic Con was snow-filled and crazy! I traveled back on and got home Monday night (2/6), then Tuesday was a snow day (kids had no school), Wednesday was a delayed start to school, Thursday was a snow day, Friday was a delayed start, then it snowed Saturday and Sunday. While I did get some exercise in and shoveled here and there, I didn’t do much of anything, including no yoga this week. In fact, this may be my worst week in 3 years when it comes to reaching my daily/weekly goals. Additionally, I had made a promise to myself to eat better for a couple weeks to lose the weight I’ve gained (I’m still above my goal weight), and I didn’t do it. I was WAY over my caloric intake on 3 days last week. I need to shake myself out of this complacent attitude and try harder.
Monday: one walk totaling 23 minutes, 8,353 steps/day
Tuesday: no exercise, 8,039 steps/day
Wednesday: elipical/walking totaling 36 minutes, 11,863 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 51 minutes, 45 minutes shoveling 15,424 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: one hour downhill skiing, 10,374 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 10,077 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 6,817steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 4/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 3/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 4/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 6 times for the month of February – 1 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 6 for the month of February – 1 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.