Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from January – March, 2017, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want. I’m also on Fitbit and I’m always up for a challenge. Please send me a friend request!
The February Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (February 13 – 19, 2017):
Last week was a much better week for me. I got in lots of steps, exercise, and finally made it back to yoga. It was another snowy morning, and I was going to blow it off, but my husband encouraged me to go. There were only 4 students – it felt so good. I worked hard and also got my mind re-focused on taking care of me. I also did a better job with consistent eating habits. I was down 1.5 lbs for the week.
Monday: one walk totaling 35 minutes, 13,149 steps/day
Tuesday: 2 walks totaling 46 minutes, 11,457 steps/day
Wednesday: elipical/walking totaling 36 minutes, 10,263 steps/day
Thursday: one hour Yoga + one walk totaling 35 minutes, 12,094 steps/day
Friday: no exercise, 10,596 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 15,026 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 46 minutes, 13,839 steps/day – 5k finished
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 3/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 6 times for the month of February – 2 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 6 for the month of February – 2 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.