Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from January – March, 2017, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want. I’m also on Fitbit and I’m always up for a challenge. Please send me a friend request!
The February Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (January 23 – January 29, 2017):
I’m writing this on Monday, but when you read this, I’ll be in Daytona Beach at Coastal Magic Con. I cannot wait! Fellow #FitReader Liza and I try to walk every morning when we are there.
Looking back on the month, I had a pretty solid January. I met my 5k goal – getting in 6 for the month, and my yoga goal – attending 6 classes for the month. I consistently recorded my caloric intake everyday, even though I didn’t always stick within my daily caloric allotment! The red dot posed a bit of a challenge, and I didn’t make that goal every week. I also was prone to taking off a day each week and being lazy, which meant I usually hit 10,000 steps only 6 of 7 days each week. Overall, I am down 1.5 lbs for the month, or back to average after my holiday trip to Grand Cayman!
Monday: Yoga 70 minutes, elliptical and walk totaling 49 minutes, 11,840 steps/day
Tuesday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 10,327 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 36 minutes, 11,561 steps/day
Thursday: Yoga 60 minutes, one walk totaling 48 minutes, 14,311 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: two walks totaling 59 minutes, 12,201 steps/day – 5k finished
Saturday: no exercise, 7,100 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 12,001 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 3/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5k for a total of 6 in January – 6 for month * met my goal
- Attend a yoga class once per week (4 for the month of January) – 6 for month * met my goal
Goals for February:
I didn’t adjust my goals too much for February, as I’ll be traveling several days, it’s a short month, and it’s my birthday month!
- Reach 10,000 steps each day, 7 days per week
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 6 times for the month of February
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 6 for the month of February
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.