Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from January – March, 2017, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want. I’m also on Fitbit and I’m always up for a challenge. Please send me a friend request!
The March Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (February 27 – March 5, 2017):
This was probably my weakest/worst week I have had fitness-wise since I starting logging my journey. It wasn’t all bad, but it wasn’t great. First the excuses – it was my birthday, the kids were on winter break, the weather was awful – both rainy days and frigid temps on others, and we went on a mini-vacation. The funniest thing all week is that on Thursday I went to bed without syncing my Fitbit. When I woke on Friday I discovered I had taken 9,999 steps! I laughed. I don’t think I could have hit that number if I tried!!! With the extra eating out and the lack of steps, I gained 2 lbs over the week. But I feel good that I can lose it (and the others I gained when I went to CMCon17) within the month.
Monday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 10,483 steps/day
Tuesday: one hour Yoga, 8,273 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 46 minutes, 12,047 steps/day
Thursday: three+ hours downhill skiing, 9,999 steps/day
Friday: two+ hours downhill skiing, 9,094 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 7,454 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 5,333 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 2/7 (MY WORST EVER!)
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 5/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 2/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of March – 0 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 8 for the month of March – 1 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.