Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from January – March, 2017, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want. I’m also on Fitbit and I’m always up for a challenge. Please send me a friend request!
The March Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (March 6 – 12, 2017):
Last week was better as far as exercise and overall movement. However, even though I’ve been tracking my food, I’ve been eating way over my daily allotment. It’s extra snacks and junk, having a beer here and there, and Girl Scout cookies! I’ve got no control. My weight is up another pound. Eep. I really need to stop the excess.
Monday: one hour yoga + one walk totaling 46 minutes, 13,146 steps/day – 5k completed
Tuesday: one walk totaling 31 minutes, 10,208 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 45 minutes, 12,446 steps/day – 5k completed
Thursday: one hour yoga + one walk totaling 38 minutes, 10,237 steps/day
Friday: two walks totaling 32 minutes, 11,047 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 6,760 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 39 minutes, 12,941 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 2/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of March – 2 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 8 for the month of March – 3 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.