Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from January – March, 2017, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want. I’m also on Fitbit and I’m always up for a challenge. Please send me a friend request!
The March Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (March 13 – 19, 2017):
I had another week of eating well above my caloric intake suggested limits, which ended at another 1/2 pound up at my weigh-in on Monday. I am happy with my movement and exercise, but not happy with my eating habits. Something needs to change – I need to do more than just recording my food, I need to try and stick to my daily limits so I can get back under my goal weight. With that in mind, next week, I’m adding to my goals that I want to be on average no more than 200 calories above my daily caloric limit.
Monday: one hour yoga + one walk totaling 47 minutes, 14,158 steps/day – 5k completed
Tuesday: one walk totaling 50 minutes + 30 minutes shoveling, 14,720 steps/day – 5k completed
Wednesday: one walk totaling 41 minutes, 11.109 steps/day
Thursday: one hour yoga + one walk totaling 35 minutes, 11,908 steps/day
Friday: two walks totaling 36 minutes, 10,886 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 6,675 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 11,479 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 2/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of March – 4 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 8 for the month of March – 5 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.