Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Felicia is hosting check-ins from January – March, 2017, and you’ll find check-ins every Friday at her blog. I’ll still have weekly check-ins here as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want. I’m also on Fitbit and I’m always up for a challenge. Please send me a friend request!
The March Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (February 20 – 26, 2017):
Last week had good days and not as good days. With my birthday this past Monday, we did a lot of eating out and celebrating over the weekend. Plus, my kids started school vacation on Monday, and I seemed to be in vacation mode even last week. I got in some great stepping days and two yoga classes, but overate pretty much every day.
Monday: one hour Yoga + one walk totaling 43 minutes, 11,513 steps/day
Tuesday: two walks totaling 44 minutes, 12,486 steps/day
Wednesday: two walks totaling 42 minutes, 11,999 steps/day
Thursday: one hour Yoga + one walk totaling 45 minutes, 13,268 steps/day – 5k finished
Friday: no exercise, 7,549 steps/day
Saturday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 12,200 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 54 minutes, 14,892 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 3/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 6 times for the month of February – 3 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 6 for the month of February – 4 for month
Overall, February was okay. I only got in three 5ks and four yoga classes for the month. I blame travel and snow days on both. I also had several days below 10,000 steps, but I went way over on other days. I gained 2 lbs over the month.
Goals for March:
I didn’t adjust my goals too much for March, but I am going to challenge myself to get in more 5ks and yoga this month.
- Reach 10,000 steps each day, 7 days per week
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of March
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 8 for the month of March
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.