Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Starting next Friday, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want. I’m also on Fitbit and I’m always up for a challenge. Please send me a friend request!
The March Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (March 20 – 26, 2017):
Last week was a good one. Not only did I move a lot, but I also was much more conscientious about my food/drink intake. My goal was to be within 200 calories of my daily allotment. I achieved that goal on 3/7 days, but I was very close on three other days. I was only “way over” on one day. This lead to a weight loss of 1.6 pounds last week! I am also making some changes moving forward, see below…
Monday: one hour yoga + one walk totaling 49 minutes, 13,010 steps/day – 5k completed
Tuesday: one walk totaling 40 minutes, 11,059 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 42 minutes, 12,420 steps/day
Thursday: one hour yoga + one walk totaling 45 minutes, 13,217 steps/day – 5k completed
Friday: two walks totaling 35 minutes, 7,694 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 10,018 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 45 minutes, 13,009 steps/day – 5k completed
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
BIG CHANGES FOR JEN…
Over the past several months, I’ve grown increasingly frustrated with my Fitbit. While I love its simplicity, the social aspect and challenges, the flexibility to create goals, and the layout of the dashboard, there are many things I don’t like. The biggest issue I have is the inability to change my goals without it changing my entire history. So after a lot of research and contemplation, I’ve decided to try out the Apple Watch. While I know it’s not a true fitness tracker, I wanted to see how I liked it. Verdict so far… I like it! So as not to clog up my weekly check-in post, I’ve created a separate comparison post HERE. What does this mean… I’ll have a few new/different goals in April and no group challenges (that part makes me sad).
How did I do last week?
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – 2/3
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of March – 7 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 8 for the month of March – 7 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.