Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The April Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (April 3 – 9, 2017):
My week last week was pretty good. The snow is starting to melt, although we’ve had a lot of rain. I’ve done my best to workout when I can. On Wednesday, I went with my SIL to see the Red Sox play at Fenway. We parked about a mile from the field, so I got in some great steps to offset the sausage and beers! Even though I was a bit above my weekly intake for calories, I lost 1/2 pound.
I’m still loving the Apple Watch, although I found a flaw in the way it tracks active calories. I can basically earn active calories by sitting still if I tell the watch I’m exercising. I was testing it to see if the level of effort I exerted made a difference in the amount of calories I burn, and long story short… one can “cheat” the system if one wanted. I’ll just have to make sure that I’m truly exercising if I set the Watch to exercise mode.
Monday: one hour yoga + 42 minutes walk, 12,450 steps/day – 5k completed
Tuesday: two walks totaling 39 minutes, 10,542 steps/day
Wednesday: no exercise (but walked around Boston), 12,316 steps/day
Thursday: 35 minutes elliptical, 10,349 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 30 minutes, 10,509 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 11,812 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 47 minutes, 12,403 steps/day – 5k completed
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (active calories) (updated weekly) 5 days per week – 5/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day -7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 5/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Be within 2,000 calories of my weekly caloric intake goal each week – no (close tho)
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of April – 2 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 6 for the month of April – 1 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.