Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The April Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (April 10 – 16, 2017):
The sun and warm temps hit New England last week, and I took advantage by walking, walking, walking! I also challenged myself to see if I could reach my daily “move” goal (active calories or “red ring” on Apple Watch) each day. That was a lot of work. I found myself doing some walking around my house and a few jumping jacks before bed to hit that goal. I really got in a lot of exercise last week, and my legs aren’t too happy with me. I have to remember to be “careful” so I don’t end up with more achilles and calf issues.
Even with all the extra movement, I gained about 1/2 pound last week. While I was really good on 5 of 7 days, I ate a lot the other two days, including a huge cookout on Easter Sunday. With my weigh-in day on Monday, I knew I’d be up a bit! No worries, I’ll keep at it. Of course, I am heading to Florida for vacation next week… we’ll see!
Monday: one hour yoga + one walk totaling 45 minutes, 12,360 steps/day – 5k completed
Tuesday: one walk totaling 61 minutes, 14,356 steps/day – 5k completed
Wednesday: two walks totaling 30 minutes, 12,149 steps/day
Thursday: one hour yoga + one walk totaling 47 minutes, 13,392 steps/day – 5k completed
Friday: two walks totaling 46 minutes, 13,324 steps/day
Saturday: two walks totaling 53 minutes, 12,984 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 60 minutes, 14,157 steps/day – 5k completed
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (active calories) (updated weekly) 5 days per week – 7/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Be within 2,000 calories of my weekly caloric intake goal each week – no (close tho)
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of April – 6 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 6 for the month of April – 3 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.