Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The April Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (April 17 – 23, 2017):
Just a quick check-in from Florida! We vacationed at my mom and dad’s place with the family for a week (Thursday – Thursday), so I’ll be home when this publishes, but right now, I’m soaking up the sun. I’m exercising but enjoying lots of good food! How was your week?
Monday: 70 minutes yoga + one walk totaling 36 minutes, 10,748 steps/day
Tuesday: one walk totaling 45 minutes, 12,004 steps/day – 5k completed
Wednesday: two walks totaling 43 minutes, 11,475 steps/day
Thursday: one walk totaling 38 minutes, 13,507 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 51 minutes, 13,267 steps/day – 5k completed
Saturday: one walk totaling 30 minutes, 13,620 steps/day
Sunday: 10 minute swim + one walk totaling 32 minutes, 10,105 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (active calories) (updated weekly) 5 days per week – 4/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Be within 2,000 calories of my weekly caloric intake goal each week – no
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of April – 8 for month – completed!
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 6 for the month of April – 4 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.