Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The April Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (March 27 – April 2, 2017):
Last week was another decent week. It was my first week without my Fitbit and only using the Apple Watch (more info here). Overall, I’m enjoying the Watch and its fun features. From a fitness standpoint, it’s working well. My biggest thing I had to adjust to was not seeing my steps without a little digging. But since I still want to make sure I get 10K steps a day, I just have to open an app to look instead of seeing it first thing on my wrist. Also, the “move” goal which counts active calories is tough. I set it at 520 calories last week, and noticed that unless I did both a walk and yoga, it was very difficult to reach that goal. However, the days I did both, I was way over. So I’ll try it again at 520 calories this week and see what happens. As for eating – I did well on 5 of 7 days, but ate a lot on the weekend. I was down 0.2 lbs for the week!
Monday: one hour yoga + 23 minutes elliptical + 16 minutes walk, 10,110 steps/day
Tuesday: one walk totaling 32 minutes, 10,563 steps/day
Wednesday: one walk totaling 43 minutes + 38 minutes yoga, 12,012 steps/day
Thursday: one hour yoga + one walk totaling 31 minutes, 13,217 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 30 minutes, 10,383 steps/day
Saturday: shoveled for one hour, 6,102 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 45 minutes, 12,504 steps/day – 5k completed
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
Finishing Up March Goals:
How did I do last week? Since I used my Apple Watch, but these are still Fitbit-oriented goals, I couldn’t track the “red dot” goal this week. Overall, I had a good month, with the last two weeks much stronger than the beginning of the month.
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Complete the hourly “red dot” from 8am – 7pm 3 days per week – n/a
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of March – 8 for month
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 8 for the month of March – 10 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.