Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The May Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (May 1 – 7, 2017):
My week started out strong – meeting all my daily goals. Then Friday came, and I didn’t do as much. Haha. It ended up a draw weight-wise, with no change for the week.
Monday: one hour yoga + 30 minutes elliptical, 10,174 steps/day
Tuesday: 60 minute walk, 14,530 steps/day – 5k completed
Wednesday: one walk totaling 48 minutes, 13,119 steps/day – 5k completed
Thursday: one hour yoga + 31 minute walk, 12,325 steps/day
Friday: no exercise, 7,871 steps/day
Saturday: 39 minute walk, 10,577 steps/day
Sunday: 30 minute walk, 9,442 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (Apple Watch) 5 days per week – 4/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 5/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day -7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of May – 2 for month
- Attend a yoga class a minimum of 6 for the month of May – 2 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.