Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The May Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (May 8 – 14, 2017):
I had a mixed bag week, last week. I did pretty good Monday – Thursday, but then not so good over the weekend. It was bad weather, we went to the movies, I vegged most of Mother’s Day, etc. I also ate a lot those days. I’m finding it hard to meet my “Move Goal” which is achieving a specific amount of active calories each day. The only days I seem to make it are days that I do two types of exercises and/or long/faster walks. So I’ve lowered the goal for next week to see if that is more realistic (and achievable).
Monday: 42 minutes walk, 10,900 steps/day
Tuesday: 55 minutes walk, 12,124 steps/day – 5k completed
Wednesday: 40 minutes walk, 10,347 steps/day
Thursday: one hour yoga + 48 minute walk, 11,986 steps/day – 5k completed
Friday: no exercise, 5,267 steps/day
Saturday: 20 minutes walk, 7,847 steps/day
Sunday: 30 minutes elliptical, 7,882 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (Apple Watch) 5 days per week – 2/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 4/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 5/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 6/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day -7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of May – 4 for month
- Attend a yoga class a minimum of 6 for the month of May – 3 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.