Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The May Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (May 15 – 21, 2017):
This was another “stay the course” type of week. I started strong and ended okay with my exercise. And I had another week where I ate way too much junk. So I pretty much stayed where I was at, thus “stay the course.” I did lower my “Move” goal this week. I had been aiming for 520 active calories each day, but it was very tough to reach, even when I exercised. So I changed it to 500 active calories. I still only reached it 4 days, but I also didn’t exercise 2 days last week, so I’m trying that goal again this week.
Monday: 65 minutes yoga + 38 minutes walk, 10,179 steps/day
Tuesday: 50 minutes walk, 12,380 steps/day – 5k completed
Wednesday: 33 minutes walk, 11,699 steps/day
Thursday: 60 minutes yoga + 50 minute walk, 11,986 steps/day – 5k completed
Friday: no exercise, 5,807 steps/day
Saturday: 32 minutes walk + 1.5 hours yard work, 14,614 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 8,062 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (Apple Watch) 5 days per week – 4/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 5/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 5/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day -7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of May – 6 for month
- Attend a yoga class a minimum of 6 for the month of May – 5 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.