Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The May Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (April 24 – 30, 2017):
Last week I was vacation and enjoyed myself! With the nice weather, I actually “jog/walked” a couple times, getting in a good pace and burning more calories. I also tried the swim function on my Watch, which was very cool. One day, I forgot to put back on my Watch after showering and we spent the afternoon at an arcade/laser tag place. While my phone counted about 2,000 of those missing steps, I got no credit for my Apple Watch goals. 🙁 No worries!
Looking at the past month, my April was pretty good. I did dedicated workouts on 25 of 30 days. I got in ten 5k walks (2 over my goal), but only 4 days of yoga (2 under my goal). I am down one pound for the month, which is awesome, especially since I was on vacation for a week! I worked hard at making better eating decisions (except on vacation), and feel pretty good.
Monday: one walk totaling 50 minutes, 14,031 steps/day – 5k completed
Tuesday: no exercise, 8,806 steps/day* went 4 hours w/out Apple Watch
Wednesday: 12 minute swim + one walk totaling 35 minutes, 11,465 steps/day
Thursday: no exercise, 10,171 steps/day
Friday: one walk totaling 56 minutes, 12,833 steps/day – 5k completed
Saturday: one walk totaling 35 minutes, 10,088 steps/day
Sunday: one walk totaling 36 minutes, 11,136 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (active calories) (updated weekly) 5 days per week – 3/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 5/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 6/7*
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day – 7/7
- Be within 2,000 calories of my weekly caloric intake goal each week – no (vacation!)
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of April – 10 for month – completed!
- Attend a yoga class at least once per week, with a goal of 6 for the month of April – 4 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.