Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The June Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (June 5 – June 11, 2017):
Wow… I don’t even remember last week. I was so busy, and I just now discovered that I didn’t even hit 10,000 steps on two of the days! Plus I didn’t walk a single 5k last week. I swear, my life is a whirlwind right now and I am just doing my best to keep up. I did eat more than I should have, and my weight is up slightly. It’s discouraging only because I am not taking care of myself and don’t really see myself taking the time to do so in the next couple of weeks. I need a vacation!
Monday: 72 minutes yoga + 30 minutes walk, 9,753 steps/day
Tuesday: 30 minutes walk, 12,007 steps/day
Wednesday: 35 minutes walk, 12,883 steps/day
Thursday: 63 minutes yoga + 30 minute walk, 12,987 steps/day
Friday: 30 minutes walk, 11,860 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 8,059 steps/day
Sunday: 37 minutes walk, 12,607 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (Apple Watch) 5 days per week – 6/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 5/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 6/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day -7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of May – 2 for month
- Attend a yoga class a minimum of 6 for the month of May – 3 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.