Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The June Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (May 22 – 28, 2017):
More of the same. Busy schedule means less exercise and more take out / quick meals. Also did a lot of picnic-type stuff over the long weekend. Weight staying stable. I would like to lose 3-5 lbs before summer, but I don’t see it happening. On Thursday I was so excited I closed all of my Apple Watch “rings,” but I forgot to look at steps… I wish the Apple Watch would let me set a step goal.
Monday: 58 minutes yoga + 45 minutes walk, 11,600 steps/day – 5k completed
Tuesday: 44 minutes walk, 12,178 steps/day
Wednesday: 36 minutes walk + 35 minutes yoga, 10,755 steps/day
Thursday: 60 minutes yoga + 30 minute walk, 8,885 steps/day
Friday: no exercise, 7,243 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 10,727 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 8,662 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
Overall, my May was good, but I didn’t meet several of my goals over the weeks. I was about 75% or so on my goals. I did get in my 5k’s (I walked a 5k on Monday May 29, which is “next week”) and my yoga classes, which I am proud of. I hope to be better on steps and overall exercise in June.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (Apple Watch) 5 days per week – 5/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 4/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 4/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day -7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of May – 7 for month
- Attend a yoga class a minimum of 6 for the month of May – 8 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.