Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! For the months of April, May, and June, the weekly check-ins will be right here. Felicia will still have weekly check-ins on her blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The June Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (June 12 – June 18, 2017):
Gah… which way am I going? That is how I feel right about now. I had a fun week. It was the end of school for my kiddos. I took a day off and helped at my 5th grader’s final Field Day (then went out to lunch with some friends who also worked it). My girl also had a 5th Grade “graduation” (it was a recognition assemble), and I rounded out the week taking 11 of my Girl Scouts on a Camporee. There were 100 of us total. So not a lot of dedicated exercise, and not the best eating. But fun! I did gain 1.5 lbs this week. Now I’m just hoping to survive another 10 days until vacation!
Monday: 47 minutes walk, 14,141 steps/day – 5k completed
Tuesday: 60 minutes yoga + worked field day, 11,987 steps/day
Wednesday: 47 minutes walk, 11,580 steps/day – 5k completed
Thursday: 30 minute walk, 11,142 steps/day
Friday: no exercise, 10,644 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise but walked all over at Camporee, 19,166 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 10,598 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (Apple Watch) 5 days per week – 5/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 4/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day -7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of May – 4 for month
- Attend a yoga class a minimum of 6 for the month of May – 4 for month
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.