Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Starting tomorrow, July 1st, you can commit for July at Felicia’s blog. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The June Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Checking in for the week? You can leave a comment below and/or leave your name and website/link here!
Last Week (June 19 – June 25, 2017):
By the time this posts, I’ll be on vacation! But right now, I’m looking back at last week, and I did pretty good. My neighbor (and good friend) is working getting fit, and so she’s been calling me to go walking. We go slower than my usual pace, but we go longer – I got in three 5K’s over the weekend! I had a really good week on the exercise/movement front, and eating was better than the previous couple of weeks. I’m down 1.5 lbs and back to my weight at the beginning of June.
Remember to Commit to be Fit in July, over with Felicia tomorrow!
Monday: 46 minutes walk, 13,705 steps/day – 5k completed
Tuesday: 45 minutes walk, 12,898 steps/day – 5k completed
Wednesday: 41 minutes walk, 12,393 steps/day
Thursday: 60 minutes yoga + 35 minute walk, 10,033 steps/day
Friday: 56 minutes walk, 12,471 steps/day – 5k completed
Saturday: 55 minutes walk, 13,697 steps/day – 5k completed
Sunday: 62 minutes walk, 13,938 steps/day – 5k completed
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Reach my daily “Move” goal (Apple Watch) 5 days per week – 7/5
- Reach 10,000 steps each day – 7/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 7/6
- Hit the “Stand” goal (move one min/hour) for 12 hours each day – 7/7
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app each day -7/7
- Walk a 5K a minimum of 8 times for the month of May – 9 for month
- Attend a yoga class a minimum of 6 for the month of May – 5 for month
With my travels over the next couple of weeks, I’m going to make July a little less rigid with my goals. In general I want to:
- Walk 10,000 steps per day
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app
- Get in some 5Ks and yoga as best I can
- Have fun!
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.