Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The July Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (July 3 – July 9, 2017):
Still on vacation! Not as much exercise this week and my weight is up about 5 lbs. I expect to take most of that off once I return home on 7/14.
Monday: 38 minutes walk, 12,146 steps/day
Tuesday: 33 minutes walk, 17,304 steps/day – Independence Day 2 mile walk with my family
Wednesday: no exercise, 13,371 steps/day
Thursday: 40 minutes walk, 11,448 steps/day
Friday: no exercise, 14,640 steps/day
Saturday: no exercise, 10,873 steps/day
Sunday: no exercise, 8,877 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 6/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 3/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Get in some 5Ks and yoga as best I can – 0 5Ks & 0 yoga classes for July
- Have fun! – yep!
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.