Welcome to #FitReaders!! Felicia the Geeky Blogger and I are super excited to be co-hosting this fitness-oriented group for another year! Monthly Commit posts and weekly check-ins are with Felicia in July, August, and September. I will still have weekly check-ins on my blog as well. If you have any questions about #FitReaders, you can leave them in the comment section or email me at twimom227(at)gmail(dot)com.
I check-in here every Friday, but my fitness week is Monday – Sunday. So my check-ins are always about a week behind. You can check-in however you want.
The July Virtual 5k and 10k Race Series + 1 mile Fun Run finish line (for after you complete the “race”)
#FitReaders information page
Last Week (July 10 – July 16, 2017):
Last week I was still away, and I spent several days on the road driving (can you guess which ones?). So that messed up my steps and exercise big time. Plus, on the road, it’s fast food and quick snacks. I got home from vacation on Thursday July 13th, but then was gone for my son’s lacrosse tournament that whole weekend… So truly, my vacation/away time ended on July 16th. I did my weigh-in on Monday and I was up 7 lbs. I know that I just need to cut out all that crappy eating and I can lose the weight over the course of the next month.
Monday: no exercise, 4,738 steps/day
Tuesday: no exercise, 3,757 steps/day
Wednesday: 53 minutes walking, 12,522 steps/day – 5k finished
Thursday: no exercise, 4,328 steps/day
Friday: 58 minutes walking, 13,668 steps/day – 5k finished
Saturday: no exercise, 10,327 steps/day
Sunday: 35 minutes walking, 12,014 steps/day
* I track two different goals. The first goal is a timed duration of exercise – moving with the intent to raise my heart rate and get in some cardiovascular work. This is what I’m mean when I say “45 minutes walking.” The second goal is total daily steps. This is from my Fitbit, which measures all steps from 12:00AM – 11:59PM, exercise included.
How did I do last week?
- Walk 10,000 steps per day – 4/7
- Move with purpose (exercise) at least 30 minutes, 6 days per week – 3/6
- Track my caloric intake using the LoseIt! app – 7/7
- Get in some 5Ks and yoga as best I can – 2 5Ks & 0 yoga classes for July
- Have fun! – yep!
How was your week? What were you successes? What were your challenges? Be sure to stop over at Felicia the Geeky Blogger blog to check in with her.